GRAND PRIZE in our DC Winner’s Circle raffle is an iPod Touch!!
Raffle prizes up to $4,800 so far! Don’t wait, sign up today to attend!!
The Latest Digital Entertainment Creation Solutions for Film and Television
In order to make the most of our June DCFCPUG event, members should make time between now and 8 June to prepare questions for the featured presenters after learning more about the Autodesk Smoke capabilities and features.
IMPORTANT: Please INVITE your friends and colleagues to attend the meeting in JUNE! There is considerable expense in bringing quality event to DC so let’s show our vendors/sponsors that it is worth the effort!
Don’t forget to check out the Essential Tutorials for Smoke...this will give you a up close and personal look at the User Interface. Read the articles from Issue 4, starting on page 257 of the SuperMagazine to hear a point of view from a FCP/Avid Editor on Smoke 2010 and the new version, 2011.
This post is written to provide some helpful links to aid in your learning and exploring of this high end finishing tool.
High-Quality Commercial Post Production Software
Autodesk® Smoke® 2011 software offers a timeline-based, all-in-one creative toolset for editorial finishing that spans color correction, keying, tracking, paint, cleanup, titling and 3D visual effects. Smoke 2011 won “Best of Show” at NAB this year (2010)!
Autodesk® Smoke® software is a leader in creative editorial finishing for high-quality commercial and broadcast projects. With an intuitive, timeline-based workflow, Smoke offers an all-in-one editorial finishing toolset for standard and stereoscopic 3D work.Smoke is available as a software-only application for the Apple® Mac OS® X operating system or as Autodesk® Smoke® Advanced, a turnkey solution on the Linux® operating system. For increased productivity, integrate Smoke into your workflow and share media and timelines with Autodesk® Flame® 2011 and Autodesk® Lustre® 2011 software. Learn More About Smoke on the Mac
- Creative toolset for NLE, color correction, paint, cleanup, titling, audio, 3D compositing, and finishing.
- 3D visual effects tools within Action, a 3D compositing environment that enables you to combine lights, 3D text, geometry, and a 3D camera system.
- Keying and color correction tools use Autodesk Modular Keyer, Master Keyer, and Colour Warper™ technologies.
- Adjacent workflow with EDL, AAF, and XML file support for conforming from Final Cut Pro® or Media Composer® creative cut applications.
- Timeline and visual effects tools for finishing standard and stereoscopic 3D projects.
- Native support for industry standard formats: Panasonic® P2 MXF files, Sony XDCam, Avid DNxHD® media, Apple® QuickTime® files (ProRes on the Mac® operating system), and RED® files.
For an overview of Autodesk Smoke, view the Essentials Tutorials.
- What’s New Brochure
- Top Reasons to Buy Autodesk Smoke
- Release 2011 Smoke – ON DEMAND videos from 2010 NAB show
- Video discussing the new features in Smoke 2011 on the Mac – “Grant Kay interview”
Smoke on the Mac brought to you by Oceana Digital Ltd NYC