- Latest updates from AJA on drivers and products to include any updates on Adobe integration
Presenter: David K. Helmly, Adobe Systems, Inc; Technical Sales Manager, Pro Video/Audio Products Americas
- Review of some of the Creative Suite 6 products:
- Prelude – for logging, creating searchable markers and temporal metadata that flow through post production
- Premiere – video editing working natively with the latest mobile, DSLR, HD and RAW formats, edit, trim, and adjust effects in real time, stabilize shaky footage, with a sleek, revamped user interface and expanded multi-cam support
- After Effects – create cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Open questions on ANY Creative Suite 6 application
Winner’s Circle Raffle!
Check out what your user group members have been doing for the last three months! We are kicking off the 2nd quarter by working/attending the 2012 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) conference. Time for a mind blowing week of new releases, tired feet and daily parties to top of the day! Read the newsletter and send us comments and tell us if you are coming along for the NAB ride!
Raffle prizes at stake for this event in Washington DC! Come meet the internationally famous Larry Jordan and learn from him the latest updates to Apple’s Final Cut Pro X!
$500 Artbeats – “Footage you can use”
$99 Noise Industries PHYX Color – simulates vintage film processes and creates unique looks with color retouching filters
$40 Final Cut Pro X | Manhattan Edit Workshop’s Classroom in a Cup by Josh Apter & Ari Feldman
$1000 Telestream’s Episode Pro 6 – New Generation Encoder for parallel encoding for two jobs at a time!
$1000 – Telestream’s Wirecast Pro 4 – TV Production without the TV budget!
$510 – GenArts Gift Certificate – 3 months rental of GenArts Sapphire for Adobe After Effects or Apple Final Cut Pro
$2141 @full price – Red Giant Effects Suite 10 – 9 products in the suite!!
Knoll Light Factory
Knoll Light Factory for Photoshop
Effects Suite gives you creative freedom and your work a truly professional appeal. From volumetric light flares to a believable cartoon look, these are everyday tools for distinctive visual effects. Effects Suite software has been used in feature films such as Titanic, Star Wars and Bourne Identity, and the package includes plug-ins that have served the visual effects community for years.
Our combined May meeting of the Washington DC Apple Final Cut Pro Users Group (DCFCPUG), DC After Effects and the DC Digital SLR (DCDSLR) will be an exciting knowledge sharing event!
Adam Lubkin and Zhibo Lai will be presenting the following agenda:
George Kennedy will give us a quick tour of the NAB highlights from his extensive tour on the show floor. See George at NAB on the G-Tech channel:Lastly, our awesome raffle features a grand prize of an Adobe Production Premium CS5.5!
- Intro to the RED Epic camera
- How to shoot with it
- Show some sample footage and HDRx clips as well
- Shoot a few seconds of live footage
- Shoot same footage using a DSLR
- Downloading media
- Workflow demos using FCP, Color, Redcine X, and AE
- Compare/contrast footage from Epic and DSLR
REGISTER EARLY AND SHOW UP ON TIME AS THIS WILL BE A FULL HOUSE EVENT!
Tuesday, 24 May 2011
Time: Doors open at 6PM for networking time, event starts around 6:30PM..
COVERED PARKING – AVAILABLE
Please twitter, facebook, email, whatever this event so we can fill the house.
AJA is providing food and drink but we gotta get people to sign up so we know how many plates to fill, book the food, finalize plans, etc…
I need your support and teamwork!
Come to learn, network with peers, enjoy the food and play the raffle!
Over $10,000 dollars in prizes await the lucky attendee! Don’t miss out!
AJA KiPro MINI valued at $2000
(1) Artbeats footage $500
(2) Larry Jordan FCP Mouse pads $10 each
(1) GenArts – ONE FULL SAPPHIRE license = more than 200 state-of-the-art image processing and synthesis effects . Valued: $1,699
(1) GTECH 1 TB G-Drive valued at $190 each
(1) FMC Motion Class certificate – valued at $1500
(1) FMC FCP Class certificate – valued at $1500
(1) FMC FCS Soundtrack Pro certificate – valued at $1500
(1) Macware Logo Design Studio pro v2.0 valued at $60
(1) Mac Flux – Web Design Software for the Mac valued at $100
(1) Digital Anarchy – Beauty Box valued at $149
(1) PowerProduction Software – Martini – The Quickshot Creator for Final Cut Pro $200
(1) Clip Info Titlier (from Philip Hodgetts) valued at $100
(1) Sequence Clip Reporter (from Philip Hodgetts) valued at $100
(1) Sorenson Squeeze valued at $800
(1) Automatic Duck plug-in valued at $200
New items being added daily….